New York, I think you are amazing. Amazing for the ones seeking for fashion, inspiration and childhood pictures from all the movies we have watched.
I could not be more grateful for our New York Fashion Week experience. We were staying at Best Western Premier Herald Square, right in the heart of the city – between the 5th and the 6th Avenue. Just a stone’s throw from Times Square, Broadway and the main shopping district. Not too far away from the fashion shows either – it was very convenient to uber around the city from our base.
The view from our room on the 17th floor was astonishing! For the first time we were sleeping with the curtains open – the panoramic view featured the sky scrapers including the Bank of America and it was something we didn’t wanted to miss. Although the hotel is placed in a city center, the noise was hardly hearable, which counts as one of the best features! The room was decorated in a chic and modern way – it was very spacious, thanks to the windows.
As for the breakfast, we had the whole variety of American choices available – from bagels with peanut butter to pancakes.
After the shows, we were chilling out in a lounge – hidden in between the sky scrapers, which gave it a spreakeasy-like atmosphere. What more could you ask for 🙂
The hotel is a perfect place for people seeking for :
- the best and strategic NYC location
- the best location for shopping
- the best location for sightseeing – lower and upper Manhattan
- the best for couples
- the best for small families
Best Western was a perfect headquarters for my Fashion Week experience!
Read about our previous Best Western experience from Copenhagen here!
The iconic t-shirt and a little teddy were sent to me from City Dream Shop ( click). I love the shop – it’s way more affordable than the majority of NYC shops, and you can order it straight to your home. They have the variety of cities available – we are also going to order Boston- themed shirts.
It’s a touristy item, I agree, but thanks to A/W2017 trends it is also the most covetable garment 🙂 You can style it in so many ways, but I like it in an elegant approach.
Shirt – City Dream Shop, get it here
Pants- get similar from here
Pink sandals – City Dream Shop, get from here
Silver shoes – get from here
Bag – Cochains, get it here
Skirt – DIY, get similar here
Shirt – get similar here
In as little as around 3/4 full days we managed to see so many inspiring shows! I am glad fashion will remain very feminine for the next couple of seasons. Some of the most influential designers introduce some really great solutions, which you will be able to see next spring.
I was under impression by the show’s location ( one of), which was a church in Little Italy!
So what we managed to see and experience?
As for my second visit to New York, we decided for the Hop on Hop off bus again – there was not too much time in between the shows, and it just seemed like the best idea.
- The boart trip (Liberty Cruise) to the Liberty Island <3 which I was planning on doing, but winter is definitely the worst time to do so (unlike super warm September)
- Lower Manhattan night ride. Also something I kept forgetting about! Such a perfect ending of a busy day of running aroung the shows. Brooklyn Bridge, Manhattan Bridge and Times Square in the night are only few positions from the list.
- Central Park walks! We also planned bikes, but no time 🙁 Important – the majority of those red buses companies offer 2 complimentary hours for the price of a 2-day pass!
- New York City Museum, where you will find out about the history of this magnificent city. No crowds unlike at the most famous Metropolitan Museum. The building is placed in Harlem, where we also got thanks our bus company.
- Lower Manhattan tour – New York doesn’t have such rich history, but it was worth to listen to the tour guide, as we found out about some interesting facts.
You can pretty much get your ticket everywhere you go, as there are plenty of agents all around Manhattan. Make sure to get the brown company( I forgot the name), as they have the most frequent bus schedule and the stops are very close to each other!
Skirt – get similar here
Shirt – get similar here
Boots – Ralph Lauren, get similar here
Skirt – made by my granny <3
Beret Hat – get it from here