Sunset on a desert have always been my dream. I remember watching ‘The Princess and the Cobbler’ and dreaming of seeing the endless horizon of the sands. It appeared exactly how I imagined it to be.
We were invited to go on a 6-hour trip with one of the biggest Tour Agencies in Dubai, Happy Adventures. It takes around 1 hour from Dubai and…… you are there, on a desert, in a total ‘air bomb’. Happy Adventures stuff are very professional – they care about their clients in a very high manner, letting them to decide what and for how long they want to do.
After several hours of dune bashing, listening to some interesting stories and parables from the locals and admiring the beauty of the red desert, we were taken to the ‘Bedouin Camp’. Bedouin is a grouping of nomadic Arabic people, who have historically inhabited the desert regions of North Africa and the Middle East. The camp was built and arranged for the tourists, but thanks to the overall atmosphere, you are actually able to feel like you are taken to a time travel.
Ride a camel or a quad bike, surf a sandboard and relax at a desert campsite during the sunset – this is what you should expect when booking Happy Adventures. Get a henna tattoo, watch some really exciting folk dance or fire show. After the full set of traditional attractions top off your trip with a bit of shawarma, bbq dinner with some Arabic specialities – loads of delicious Arabic coffee with some dried dates and shisha.
What I think is the most important, Happy Adventures let you create a custom made trip. You can discuss your preferences with their advisor and ‘organise’ your own desert safari. I would suggest maybe an overnight stay on a desert? It must be something unforgettable.
As for some tips :
- Their 4×4 cars can take to up to 6 people, so it’s a great alternative for a group of travelers
- The PAX tour we’ve chosen is the most convenient one – less than 6 hours would not make sense, as there is a lot to do and a lot to see
- Sunset or sunrise timing – you won’t regret it!
- Rented a car? You can get to the meeting point yourself and the price will get reduced
- Are you getting sick on a rollercoaster? Don’t eat too much before this trip 🙂
- Comfortable clothes are a must, as you will get to test quite a lot of desert attractions
- Book in advance in order to avoid dissapointments, especially ‘in season’, which is from November – March