Sometimes it is fun to stay the night over in your own city. Especially when the hotel or apartment looks super fancy. Fancy in a cool, not sophisticated way.
I couldn’t wait to spend our day in KIP London – the black&white heaven of Hackney Central. Hackney’s ‘coolnes’ emerged not so long ago, but thanks to all the people who live there and create the whole mood about it ( a lot of freelancers, bloggers, artists, designers), the area remains one of the top locations on the bucket lists of the majority of famous travelers.
There is no deny this place depicts the whole ‘ideal’ Hackney in the best possible way. I have fallen for KIP’s interior – DIY-manner black&white furniture, bed linen, bathroom cosmetics and, what would life be without them, KIP accessories. There is something about this place that makes me wanna come back!
What else makes this place so special?
#1 Definitely the atmosphere! They have the most friendly and helpful staff! They serve a really good coffee, tea and water – available 24h! Unfortunately there is no breakfast, but Costa Coffee is placed in the same building.
#2 LOCATION! The most important factor when looking for a place to stay in London. Hackney Central Overground Station literally just outside the building (not to worry – there is no noise thanks to the soundproof windows). You would need around 20/25 minutes to get to central London.
#3 BLOGGER REASON – one of my favorite coffee shops in London, Palm Vaults ( pictures here) is located 10 minutes walking from there! Pink latte anyone? 🙂
#4 Vintage shops of Hackney could actually be a good reason to stay there, if you are one of those vintage hunters. Good connections to Brick Lane Market sorted!
#5 The way from Stansted airport won’t take you long – there are several buses to Stratford, from where it would take you around 10 minutes on the Overground. Super convenient!
I would totally recommend KIP for :
- young couples
- travel bloggers
- business travelers
- solo traveler
- bachelor/hen parties attendees
Get the look :
Top – Top Shop, get similar here
Pants – get similar here
Chloe Faye / Chanel 2.55 – get similar vintage and second hand bags from here
I also decided to update you with my favorite picks of the month from notino.de . I love shopping at notino because of the prices (even up to 30% off), and the wide range of beauty products – from Saint Laurent Beauty, Benefit Cosmetics, Dior, Lancôme to the most affordable beauty labels, such as Rimmel. Apart from make-up they also offer perfumes, body balms, cremes, hygiene products and the whole loads of make-up brushes. The delivery takes 1/2 days, which is super convenient.
- Saint Laurent Poudre Compacte Radiance – to me it’s one of the prettiest accessories I have got in my bag! Plus it contains of a little velvet pocket-bag, so it won’t get scratched
- Saint Laurent Rogue Pur Couture The Mats, 204 – I can’t stop looking at it! I keep wearing this particular shade every day, I absolutely love it, and it lasts for a long time.
3. Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Foundation 24h, 03 – This is my favorite foundation! I have never had a better one! The price was the one and only minus – it costs about €46 on the high street, while it is only €36,40 on notino.de <3
4. ECOntour foundation brush, my recent favorite make-up helper. I can’t force myself to use anything else! Super handy to use, and yet so delicate!
5. Benefit Ready, Set, Brow Shaping Gel, my recent discovery and, the way I see it, a must-have for the summer. It doesn’t require a second application once applied in the morning. I love Benefit and I love notino.de !